Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sweet Weekend...

It's always extremely hard waking up early in the morning after having such a lovely three day holiday weekend. You forget about all of the things that are crucially important for the upcoming week and instead you fall into blissful sweet moments of weekend fun. Then before you know it Tuesday shows her unpleasant face. Really, why was Tuesday ever invented? Such a dull day with really no significance what so ever. I think we could all do without Tuesday and if I am being completely honest here, Monday could even go...but I wont push it.

Redbox (aka $1.00 rental greatest thing ever made!) was the highlight of my relaxing carefree weekend. I had high hopes for the film we chose (Time Traveler's Wife) I had never seen it before but heard it was wonderful. Well sadly I was very disappointed...the actual story line...hmm, I'm still trying to wrap my head around. All of the "time traveling" was a headache and full of so much confusion; halfway through I gave up and just stopped following and instead just focused on how beautiful Eric Bana is. It puzzles me how a movie can be so bad when it has Rachel McAdams in it I mean not only is she Gorgeous but she is such a great actress! On the bright side it only cost $1.00 so it wasn't a complete fail.

Pumpkin Spice was also present in this sweet holiday weekend of mine which definitely makes up for the not so great movie...funny how you get so use to certain Starbucks and then somehow forget that any other one exsists. I admit I'm a Starbucks snob when it comes to location not every Starbucks is great...most where I live are not good at all. There are a few Starbucks I adore. I don't mean to harp on the workers but I truly believe the quality of the espresso/coffee drink is solely in the hands of the Barista. I know because I use to be one,  I always took pride and put love into my drinks when working at "Harvest" the independent coffee shop I worked at when living in San Francisco. Now don't get me wrong there were definitely times when I wanted to make drinks wrong because of the intolerable rudeness of the customer I was serving. Even so, I always held my cool and made them with extra wonderfulness so maybe the chip on the shoulder of the individual would melt away. There is a specific Starbucks I go to in my neighborhood and not only are the barista's fabulous and remind me so much of my co workers back in San Fran (ooh how I miss home...) I have never ever had a horrible drink there, they are always so perfect...(knock on wood)

The weekend ended with lots of unfinished studying and lots & lots of laughs with my happy family.

via weheartit.com

No comments: