Sunday, August 15, 2010

Awesome Days #12 & 13: Life change that's what it's all about...

I'm combining my Awesome Days 12 & 13 together because both were extremely incredible and day 12 falls right into the lap of day 13...

 For the last couple of weeks I have been over anxious about seeing the movie "Eat Pray Love". I have been building this movie up in my head, thinking of how exciting and life changing it will be to see. A story of a woman and her self discovery, experiencing extraordinary things that changed her life forever. She chooses to journey across the world to three different countries eating her way through Italy, praying for hope in India, and searching for Love in Bali. I sat in the theatre feeling as though I was really on this journey with her. I felt her emotions as if they were my own and by the end of the film I was inspired to go on a journey of my very own. How great would it be to take a year and travel in search of finding who you really are. When you stop think, do you even really know who you are, and what you want in life??! I'm 23 and I still have so much to learn about myself and so many things I want to see and experience. If I learned anything from Eat, Love, Pray its  that you can't settle for ordinary you have to live for every moment and enjoy every minute you possibly can.

I can't express how amazing this morning was at my church. fifteen people received God into their lives for the first time. Can you believe that??! It was the most Awesome thing I have ever seen! My heart started to pound as I saw all of these people walk to the front of the sanctuary, my eyes began to water and a huge smile started to form on my face. I wanted to run up to each and every person and grab them and give them a hug and tell each one how proud of them I was. I realized this is what it's all about seeing real life change...Seeing people commit their lives reminds me of how blessed I am to be a follower of God and how much of an impact he has made in my life. I'm thankful to call Mesa First my church and I'm so blessed to be apart of it!

These last two days have been Awesome so very awesome!

No comments: