Friday, August 20, 2010
Awesome Day #18: Shakespeare you mesmerize me...
I have had my share of Awesome days this month but today was like no other day it was fantastic it was spectacular it was Awesome!!! I'm taking a Shakespeare class this semester, so excited! Really who doesn't love Shakespeare?? His language is unlike any other he's romantic, timid, outrageous, intense, emotional, raw, poetic, and simply lovely to hear out loud or reading to yourself. I could go on and on about how much I love his plays.This may come to a shock to some of you, but I have never taken a class completely dedicated to Shakespeare....so taking a class this semester dedicated only to him, it's a writers dream! I spent the entire morning going over my first assigned reading, trying to understand the language before I dove right into the play...just reading the the history of Shakespeare and his life its so enchanting. You can get lost in his words, he truly is a genius and so incredible. Today I spent the day with Shakespeare it was a bitter/sweet experience we argued, I became discouraged...due to not understanding a thing he was saying in "Titus" and then we took some time apart...and later reconciled and became friends again when I finally understood what he was trying to say from the beginning. Looking forward to many days reading his greatest works this semester and understanding who he is a writer, a poet, and a inspirational figure to many....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment