Saturday, August 21, 2010
Awesome Day #19: A community that loves...
4:30am thats the time I was woken up....5:10am thats the time I left the house....5:30 I walked into the doors of Mesa First and grabbed the first cup of coffee I set my eyes upon....6:00am I stared from the window in awe of those in need...and less fortunate than I....at 6:15 I remembered how blessed God has allowed me to be, having the simple necessities that many were unable to have. By 6:45am I was humbled by all of the grateful people who stood in line for food...By 7:30am I was thankful to be apart of such a gracious and loving church community....at 7:55...I was hot, tired, and in need of water...yet I was eager to keep going I felt lucky to be apart of this, to be helping my local community to be giving back to those in need. At 8:00am my heart began to be overwhelmed by all of the smiling and thankful faces of those who were receiving piles of food. at 8:15 I thought to myself Manna Food Bank Rocks! 9:15 came faster than I expected and leaving was the hardest thing in the world. Today was a day I will always remember...today I was apart of something important. Today was Awesome but even Awesome doesn't completely describe what this day meant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It was absolutely awesome serving alongside you at the Manna Food Bank yesterday. What an eye opening experience! We truly are so blessed. Thanks for being there and serving. YOU ROCK!
Jena, I am so blessed to serve with youuuu!! Manna Food Bank was one of the best experiences ever! So glad we got to do it together!!! :) You're so AWESOME I'm so thankful that you're in my life!
Post a Comment