Yesterday I strolled into my Romanticism class and completely forgot that we were getting our papers handed back! Eeeeek was the first thing that came out of this mouth of mine. I tried to pretend that this paper didn't even exist...after I turned it in last Tuesday. I really tried to get my point across but it just seemed like I was just going in circles. Then on Thursday my Prof. ingrained in the minds of the entire class that the papers he had read so far...were not up to par he expected more. Thank You prof for boosting our confidence?! =/ So you can imagine when I got to class yesterday how I went from having a lovely morning to curling up into my chair wanting to die...terrified at what horrid grade I was going to receive on this measly four page paper. An allegorical analysis on "Moby Dick"....why "Ishmael" he asked us why was he the sole surviour??! Well hmm...Melville doesn't really let us in on that secret so how do you really expect me to answer that?! Yeah well I did....and it took me practically all night/ morning last Tuesday before class to come up with the "right" answer. The answer that was at least "right" in his mind....
So if you are not sitting you might want to at this point of my story...because people this is going to blow your mind....
Get this he handed our papers back at the beginning of the class which he NEVER does! Usually we have to wait until the very last second of class...so that alone threw me for a loop, all I kept thinking was WOW these must be really bad if he wants to hand them back now. So I sat patiently waiting for mine (psh...NOT more like ants in my pants) and finally he gets to me, and you know what I got a B+ yes a B+ can you believe it??!! because I could barely believe it let me tell ya! Of course I wanted to jump up and down and do a little dance but instead I smiled to myself and said WooHoo! Great job Ash!!! I don't want to brag but I was really proud of myself and knowing my teacher at least recognized some of my hard work/ argument thats really all that matters. So thank you Prof. for allowing me to panic and sweat bullets it was well worth the B+.

1 comment:
congrats! doing well in school is such a great feeling!
Post a Comment