Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Goodbye 2010...

2010 went by way to fast. After taking a few days to reflect on all that had happened during this year I've realized that I have grown so much as a person. It's been exactly one year since I've quit my job at SSE (Elementary School) to focus just on school. It was one of the toughest decisions I ever had to make...especially since I've worked since I was sixteen years old. It's been scary and wonderful all at the same time. This year I also changed majors from being an Elementary education major to being an English Ed. Major, and it's been the most intense but extraordinary ride of my life, I really believe this is what I was meant for. This year I also made new friendships and built on others and made them stronger. I've also lost some friendships that were hard for me to lose but in the end I know it's for the best. God has really worked in me this year I'm so passionate about Jesus, and seeing lives changed through him! He's worked in me, in so many ways and has showed me so many things, I'm so blessed to serve a God who loves me unconditionally. This was the year "The Well" launched which is the student ministries group at my church that I'm lucky to be apart of and serve in. Every Wednesday God erupts with his love and mercy through out the walls of our building, it's the most incredible thing I have ever experienced and have been apart of. I am so humbled with the things God has blessed me to do each week, and be apart of life change and a ministry that God is challenging and molding into what he needs and wants it to be. This has also been a rough year for many who are close to me in my life, and because of Gods grace and mercy I know they will make it. One of my best friends was saved this year, and baptized he found what was missing in his life and went full force towards it and that was a relationship with Jesus. I can't express how amazing and incredible it was to see someone that means so much to me find God, it's a feeling that is indescribable. I really feel like God used him this year as a light to Dia, Angelique and myself. Adventure Day was also created this year and it was the best thing we could of ever come up with it allowed my cousins, friends, and sister to bond and do things that we never knew were possible. It really pushed us to be creative and rely on each other. MesaFirst has always been my home church since I was a little girl. This year though I have built so many lasting friendships, and been apart of so many great and wonderful outreaches and really have pushed myself to get involved and it has become more than a church but another family that means the world to me. My pastors are two of the most gracious, caring, Jesus filled, beautiful people that I have ever known. They are both filled with so much fire and love for God and seeing lives changed, it's so inspirational. Im lucky to have them in my life and to have them as my pastors. This year I have become stronger as a person than I ever have...I've been faced with thing that have been hard and a bit shocking but also faced with kindness and the goodness and loveliness of people that I've been lucky enough to meet this year through school, church, blogging, and through everyday experiences. What can I say this year I have encountered ups and downs but in the end God had pulled me through and has blessed me so much and I'm so lucky and thankful. I'm excited for 2011 and all it has to bring, I can tell it's going to be an AMAZING year!!! BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

2 comments:

kylee said...

its so inspiring to see how dedicated you are to god and how you fully rely on him.

Grace said...

2010 did go by fast. the months just fly by too quick. sometimes we have to make tough decisions that in the end will be good for us.