Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dear future soulmate...

Isn't it beautiful...
This has always been one of my favorite places in my city. It truly is the heart of North Beach.
I love that one day we will come here and sit for hours in the park, laughing and eating eclairs from the old bakery up the street; you reading the SF Chronicle and I Emerson, for the thousandth time. I love watching the little italian ladies come to sit in front. Always gazing at its beauty. Smiling and reminiscing of their past memories here. In a strange way I feel connected. I know what I feel towards St. Paul's could only be an ounce of what they feel. Yet I still feel connected. I can't explain in words why it's so special to me. I wish I knew how. I wish I had the right words if there ever were such a thing. Maybe it's because every visit as a little girl and into a young woman my dad would always take me here. It grew a special place in my heart. We would sit at that one old rustic bench right in front...you'll know the one soon. And just gaze at its perfection and elegance. Maybe its because of it's distinct smell when you first walk in, of incense from the candles that are burning. Maybe it's because of it's divine architecture. Maybe it's the presence of God that vibrantly shines through it's windows. Or maybe its those memories that it holds. The one's I yearn to make with you someday. Maybe.
One day I hope to share this special feeling with you, the one I feel every time I'm in its presence, the one that makes my heart fill with joy. One day I hope you understand what it means to me. One day I hope I can walk down the isle and see your face at the other end... One day I hope we can sit on that old rustic bench, hand in hand knowing we are apart of its memories the one's that it holds so deep & dear within.

Love,
your future soulmate...

7 comments:

Renee said...

aw I love your writing! Cute post!

Ashley said...

I LOVED this church! I took two or three pictures of it when we were there. So pretty :) I loved San Fran!

Nicole said...

such a pretty church!

Unknown said...

love you so much. love your writing.
and i know one day he'll come to you. and you'll know. and it'll be love. and it'll be better than you ever imagined. im trusting in that for you.
<3

Annemarie said...

Oh it's stunning! Beautiful post!

xoxo

Nicole Marie said...

i used to come here so much. loved going to get a sandwich and just relaxing at the park all day

Diana Smith said...

ADORABLE! Oh my gosh what a cute post, maybe its the romantic in me! haha loved it!