Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday blues...

two things i can't live without today: Earl grey & Alka-Seltzer...
i am sick. i despise sickness. once upon a time i use to have an incredible immune system...then i start working with kids and that great immune system died along with part of my sanity. i really do love interning...i can't wait to have a classroom of my own one day! i just hate the germs that come with it. i haven't been sick at all this year yet... so i guess it would only be fair that i pay my due's now right?...bleh. i so wish i didn't have too! i can't breathe out of my nose...i can't hear out of my ears...and my body ache's every way i move and on top of all of that...i can't afford missing class today. my prof is so awesome...but when it comes to absences we only get one! can you believe that? one! (probably because his class is the bomb and once you are in it you seriously don't want to miss one single class)...unless you are ill. but yup, this girl already used her one absent up... it was for a good reason...but still..any absence from here on out we are docked 8 points...and i'm not okay with that, so now i must bring my germs to class which i really don't want to, but i must. i hope i can make it through today...i seriously feel like death. prayers and thoughts would be greatly appreciated thanks. <3


*On a less sicker happier note: I bought my 1st pair of TOMS this weekend!!! Yeeeeee, i was so giddy!! i am in love with them and have decided i may never take them off!! ( picture tomorrow) 

6 comments:

Janette said...

OH NO!I kept pretty healthy during my time working with kids..the trick was to wash my hands A LOT and never ever everrrr touch my eyes, face, or mouth... Helped a ton! Or just wear a face mask..lol
HOPE FEEL BETTER SOON!!

Janette, the Jongleur

L said...

FEEL BETTER. I get sick quite often working with kids. Rest up and wash your hands a lot.

I love TOMS too. Mine have pretty much fallen apart.

Dree said...

I hope you feel better!! I'm struggling through a cold/flu right now so I can feel your pain. We can fight the good fight!

Faith said...

I got a similar head cold virus last week! It was awful. I'm sorry that you had to go to class that way. Feel better soon!

kylee said...

bahhhh being sick is awful. sure hope you get to feeling better! good luck with a sick day in school. those are even worse than a sick day in bed. at least you can wear your cute new toms to brighten that sick day of yours!

shopgirl said...

So sorry you're feeling poorly Ashley. I really don't think it's fair that you're only allowed one sick day. When I'm sick it takes me more than a day to recover.

Hope you get better soon.

I'm back from my blog vacation!
p.s. what are TOMS?
xoxo

Reese
http://rambleswithreese.etsy.com
http://rambleswithreese.blogspot.com