Tuesday, January 26, 2010
"The Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge"
I was a little skeptical about reading this story for my english critical thinking class, skeptical in only the aspect of not being able to fully appreciate this story for what it truly is...heart melting. I can I say is its "a must" read. You get captivated with the character of "Peyton Fraquhar" you feel every emotion he feels every quirk every move. Through out the short story you yearn for what he desires you fall in as if you were right there by his side. Fighting for his wants and trying to pull through the same pain and agony he feels. Filled with unknown suspense, and trying to reach the end running through the pages as fast as you can. Until finally you reach it and....nothing. I wont spoil what it intel s but will say that "Ambrose Bierce "is an incredible writer he pulls you in from the moment his pen hits the paper and takes you on a journey throughout his tale and at the end you applaud his creativity and smart work of art. He showed me that a good writer never plays it safe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment