I received the best phone call in the world today.
YES it was from one of my Best Friends.
Of course it made my entire day.
Andy "spanks" Pinon called this evening and it was the most Awesome ending to a lonnnng and busy week.
So you are probably wondering why "Spanks" is a part of his name right?? Let me explain. On one of my family road trips Andy came along and we were watching a random magician do a card trick and he asked Andy to lend him a hand before he stepped up to the plate the magician decided that he aka Andy reminded him of Spanky from "Little Rascals" yeah I still have no idea why he reminded him of "Spanky" but who am I to judge others reasoning. So from that moment on we haven't been able to stop calling him "Spanks" its just simply hilarious and has become his only name to us. I swear sometimes I think we even forget that his real name is Andrew. As I've explained before Andy is in the Air Force training to be a Pararescue. Which are the guys who save injured miltia. They are trained intensely in a two year program their motto is "So other's may live" They risk their lives for the sake of others. One of the most selfless jobs I know and he is apart of it. He is seriously one of the bravest and most awesomest guys you will ever meet...always thinking of others before himself, he is also one of my best friends too, by the way. It's incredible to see someone so passionate and excited going after something that means so much to them. Talking to him today and listening to everything he has gone through in the last 8weeks and all that he has learned its just Awesome to hear. We now are allowed to send him "care packages" which is pretty much the most exciting thing ever because of course we (Dia, Angelique and I) are going to be sending some fabulous things in the upcoming future. It's funny how a little phone call can brighten up an entirely stressful week...
No comments:
Post a Comment