This weekend I did absolutely no homework. I promised myself I would not procrastinate another weekend, putting things off... yeah that promise sure did not last long.
There are just far more "fun" things to do than writing my four page paper, or reading forty pages of shakespeare, or even attempting to read book 7 of paradise lost. This weekend I enjoyed painting my nails, trying out a new coffee shop that only uses "organic" products, I now am in love with!, watching girlie movies from RedBox that I'd never see at the movie theater but of course would pay a $1 to watch with a few of my favorite girls. Lots of kettle corn because a movie just isn't a movie without that. Taking advantage of the cooler weather because lets be honest we desert people do not experience it much. Have I mentioned it's August and we are still in the 90's??! Yeah not fair. The East Coast seriously needs to send us over some of their lovely weather. My weekend ended nicely we started 'The Core" a leadership class at my church which is so far an exciting and very entertaining experience. Really looking forward to the next eight weeks!
Do I regret not doing my homework this weekend?! No to the waaaay. Sometimes you need to procrastinate and enjoy things and people around you! I know, I know I just tried to make procrastination a good thing...clearly it's not, but hey you can't blame a girl for trying...
There are just far more "fun" things to do than writing my four page paper, or reading forty pages of shakespeare, or even attempting to read book 7 of paradise lost. This weekend I enjoyed painting my nails, trying out a new coffee shop that only uses "organic" products, I now am in love with!, watching girlie movies from RedBox that I'd never see at the movie theater but of course would pay a $1 to watch with a few of my favorite girls. Lots of kettle corn because a movie just isn't a movie without that. Taking advantage of the cooler weather because lets be honest we desert people do not experience it much. Have I mentioned it's August and we are still in the 90's??! Yeah not fair. The East Coast seriously needs to send us over some of their lovely weather. My weekend ended nicely we started 'The Core" a leadership class at my church which is so far an exciting and very entertaining experience. Really looking forward to the next eight weeks!
Do I regret not doing my homework this weekend?! No to the waaaay. Sometimes you need to procrastinate and enjoy things and people around you! I know, I know I just tried to make procrastination a good thing...clearly it's not, but hey you can't blame a girl for trying...

No comments:
Post a Comment