Christmas this year was bittersweet.
My family and I were suppose to spend Christmas together in San Francisco...but in the end it was just my sister and I flying out to see Grams so that she wasn't alone this year.
Coming to the city without my parents for the holidays was hard....really hard.
I love San Francisco with all my heart its enchanting and beautiful and ever so lovely...but not having our parents with us to share the greatness of it...well you could image the difficulty.
None the less Christmas was wonderful, waking up to the lights of the city, warm coffee to warm our bodies and the smell of sausage, eggs and grits drifting through the hallway it was heavenly.
It reminded me of the mornings we used to have when living here...so long ago.
All of us talking and laughing in the kitchen and spending time with one another.
Despite not having my parents with us...
Christmas was perfect this year spending it with those I love in a place I cherish.

No comments:
Post a Comment