Monday, February 7, 2011
Paulette.
During Winter Break this easily became my favorite place in San Francisco very fast. Paulette an adorable little French macaroon shop located in Hayes Valley. I fell in love almost instantaneously when walking by. The owner was standing outside with the sweetest smile on her face when I decided to step inside and take a quick peek that's when I realized that this was the loveliest little gem I had ever accidentally bumped into. A shop with only two round tables and a very modern couch sitting in the far back. The counter top was filled with so many different kinds of macaroons and a darling little espresso machine. I found myself coming here weekly ordering two (more like five) macaroons with a double espresso. Every afternoon French music would fill the shop Piaf to be precise; I would fall into sort of a trance believing I was in France sitting in a quaint little cafe sipping my espresso and reading poems of John Keats. A girl can dream right??! I soon became great friends with the owner/saleswoman I never did get her name sadly(I deeply wished it was Paulette) who even gave me a small box of macaroons on my last visit before I left...her kindness melted my heart she was from Paris and I could tell from her eyes when she spoke about it, that she missed it ever so much; the look in her eyes were similar to the way I look when I speak of San Francisco. I guess you could say we both left our hearts in cities we love...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
This shop is a hidden gem! Wish I could visit!
I haven't been to San Francisco since I was eight! I'm dying to go back. This place looks really neat.
Oh my. When I was in the US I was always looking for places like that! I missed expresso and macarons. Why is SF so amazing?
This place sounds lovely! I love finding little places like this, especially in San Fran (my fave city) :) xoxo
i know allll about leaving your heart places. know all too well.
so so so touchfull post! I know it is not easy...
P.S. I am hosting the very first CONTEST on the APPLE TEA, so if you like you can take part in it. It would mean the world to me. Please, visit here:
http://theappletea.blogspot.com/2011/02/contest-pick-header-for-appletea.html
this sounds like such a wonderful place!! i've never been to san fransico but its on my places to go list!!!
Post a Comment