Wednesday, August 24, 2011

with just a simple glance...i knew.

it was easy falling in love with mr. norcal. we met in coffee; unexpectedly in the city. he had a way with words, he spoke with such passion. his smile was unlike any other and that laugh of his...oh gosh, it gave me butterflies. i was seventeen he twenty and boy was i smitten. he had these brown eyes...beautiful ones. it was hard not to stare at times. our eyes first met on a tuesday in september. it was raining that morning and the fog had just rolled in. he glanced in my direction from across the way and our eyes met for just a moment...i quickly buried my face in my book pretending to read before he noticed the redness of my cheeks. hoping i wouldn't stumble on my words if he ever decided to walk towards me. the book i was reading? funny i can't remember it now. i knew though, at that instant...how? i just did. see when it happens, you just know. it's like the world stops and you feel a massive amount of energy flow through you, you become weak at the knee's and at that instant you stop breathing for mere seconds. it's very possible on that morning i fell in love with mr. norcal. yeah i'm pretty sure it was on that morning.

9 comments:

Lyndsey said...

How very very very sweet this post was. It made me think of the moment that I fell in love with Josh. It just sweeps you off of your feet and the more you think about it the deeper you fall. <3
xx
lyndsey of hellolyndsey

rosieposie said...

this is adorable! it's my first visit to your blog and i love it, you're so sweet :-)
x

Alex said...

this is so cute! I wish I can write something like this when mr. right comes along :) and I am loving the whole letters to my future soulmate :) how sweet is that

Unknown said...

eeep there are so many things I love about this. "our eyes...in september" is a great phrase, same with the "quickly buried...of my cheeks" phrase. so cute!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

oh my my. this is quite romantic!! i love it, i do i do.

Ashley Slater said...

What a sweet testament to your love story. You are such a lovely writer! FOllowing you now, duh!

xo,
ashley

p.s. and thanks for the compliment on the mug!

Dee Paulino said...

I felt like I was watching a romance movie as I read this. ahh falling in love is so beautiful!

Anna @ IHOD said...

I love reading love stories and this just made me smile. Thanks for sharing!

Liquor store said...

your blog is lovely <3 love it

http://www.theliquorstore.fr/roxanne/